Total Pageviews

Monday 31 October 2011

Colour Mixing

Hi,

For all the budding artists out there I have created a colour mixing guide out of my seven basic colours. These colours include Cadmium Yellow,French Ultramarine,Alizarin Crimson,Hookers Green,Raw Umber,Yellow Ochre and Light red. From these seven paints you can mix any colour with all of those paints as you can see with the colour mixing guide I have provided. I will also try to get a better quality image in the next couple of days of it.I personally prefer  artist quality watercolours as these have a stronger pigment. But Student quality ones (the cheaper stuff) are perfectly good for any begginer who is just starting out. You can get a set of around 15 colours for around £5 on ebay (which I started with) so they really are budget. When buying watercolour paints I would reccomend that you look out for brands such as Royal and Langnickel, Winsor and Newton and Cotman, if you buy paints from these brands you can guarantee they won't be 99p Store paints!! Please leave lots of comments!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment