Total Pageviews

Saturday 29 October 2011

Saffron Walden Art Show

Today we went to the Saffron Walden Art show in the town hall. There was a selection of pictures from various people in the Saffron Walden Arts Trust availible to look around. The pictures ranged from seaside boats done with a pen and wash to an acrylic tiger. However my favourite picture which I voted for as my picture of the show was a donkey with its head poking over the wall in watercolour. This has given me inspiration for a watercolour picture myself which of course I will upload to my blog very soon!! Another idea I had was from many of the canvases which where textured, possibly done with papier mache would create a good effect for seas if I was to look into Acrylics. Also the textured effect would be good for front covers of books. Seeing pictures of different medias side by side I thought that if I was to take my arts award to another direction I could combine different medias for different effects and textures. One example of this I particuarly liked was a gold based one where she had used tiles,wool  and wood. We also entered into a couple of raffles raising money for the trust, one to win a boat painting (we chose mumber 22 as our lucky number) and a raffle to win a christmas hamper with about 4 availible, (Our strip of 5 was 461-465)

No comments:

Post a Comment